It's been a minute since I've been on here, yet even still the traffic and community is growing. Thank YOU! I'm so grateful for the moments in which life confirms to me I'm on the path that was designed specifically for ME because even in my shortcomings I thrive. This past month has consisted of adjusting to a whole new way of living. I've been blissed with the opportunity to check out of most of my "clock-in jobs" (I "go to work" for approx. 10hr/week), and by EVERY stretch to the expression it has certainly increased my "work" load. My days consist of writing, emailing, therapy sessions, teaching, branding, and the like. My nights consist of rehearsals, interviews, networking, and performances. This new space has alleviated all separation between life and work. I make a living living. It's miraculous, astonishing, divine, and so many other exhilarating things. I learned that when you stop telling life what you're going to be/do, you find yourself standing at the edge of limitless possibility. I'm doing things I never said I would do and experiencing things I never thought I'd have.
The craziest part is in 2012 as I was listening to a sermon the pastor said in 5 years there is going to be a shift. He reiterated several times the importance of 2017 as either a major level up or level down year. I remember writing "2017" on a post it note and sticking it on my desk. I looked at that post it note with a sense of amazement, wonder, and anticipation for over a year (I lost the note when I switched jobs though I continued to think about 2017 every so often). Now, here I stand in the manifestation of that wonder completely astounded. It feels exactly as I thought it would plus some, yet it looks NOTHING like I imagined. Had you asked me in 2012 what my big 2017 level up would have been I would probably tell you I was married + kids + a fancy corporate job + overly indulged into church ministry of some kind. The all-American, ya know? Well...
April 1st, 2017...
1. Married to the most amazing woman on the planet.
2. No kids (yet!)
3. Entrepreneuring my way to greatness.
4. Performing poetry and yoga LIVE.
5. Sharing my life with the masses as a teacher, confidant, and light.
6. Writing a book. Like what?!?!
7. Being confident, bold, and fierce.
8. I'm vegetarian/vegan
9. I take absolutely no artificial medicine (which is huge for a girl who used to take pain killers DAILY for migraines!).
...cheers to stepping out of comfort zones and ending up the happiest I've ever been in the history of my existence.
Truth is the past 5 years have come with some heart breaking mentality changes. I found inconsistencies in the faith I was taught to rely on from birth. It's a terrifying thing to learn the God you thought you knew isn't the God for you at all. I realized my dream (which I use loosely as it was never really my dream) once manifested was a living hell, and I was terrified to place my faith in another future because I didn't want it to fail me too. I felt stuck in sinking sand. Too afraid to hope for something different yet no way to replace the hell I thought I would love. So I had to face my demons if I was going to have any hope of experiencing something different. I made a choice, and I chose to find the spaces in which I'm selfish, insecure, dishonest, dramatic, and the like. I chose to face the fact that I was letting pain, addiction, and less than mentalities keep me in the victim playing role. I opened my eyes to the reality that I was the only one contributing to my unhappiness.
Once I did I began to drench those places in love, gentleness, peace, and healing. I spoke kind words to myself. I was gentle when I made mistakes and reverted to old habits. I allowed myself the space to change over time. I eliminated things and people that aided me in feeling bad about myself. I allowed myself to know (even when I didn't feel it!) that I deserved and and had the power to manifest life's greatest good for me. I changed the way I thought. And to this day I choose daily in each thought (no matter how many times I slip) to be healed. It's this fact + my constant state of amazement and gratitude that keeps these many blissings flowing my way (we get to open up for Ghostface Killa, y'all!!!!!!!!). I'm convinced. It's been like watching a kid (a.k.a life) show you something they're proud of and the more you encourage them the harder they go. It creates an inexplicable type of joy for both parties. So, start small. Create little places where you can be grateful for life. A roof over your head, food to eat, the sun in the sky. There are infinite reasons to express gratitude. Do it even when you don't feel it. Find the spaces where amazement and wonder are your existence despite outward circumstance. Let go of what needs to die. Love harder those things you've been neglecting. Do whatever it takes. Focus on what you gain from the sacrifice. Fail a few times as you follow the rabbit hole unraveling your passions, yourself. And most importantly stay the path even when it feels as though your going nowhere, doing nothing, or wasting everything. It takes strength to be joyful/experience life's greatest good. Those moments make your faith and resilience stronger. Heaven awaits you at YOUR core. Dig deep.
One love. Keep the faith.
Oh, AND a few announcements:
1. Have you checked out my love and I's performance's yet? Look up the hashtag #thePAsystem on Instagram or follow either one of us (@goddessadina / @priestessofplanetx). We have a TON of shows coming up (8 in April alone!!) so make sure you're keeping up because our online presentation has NOTHING on our live experience.
2. Priestess has an album dropping August 17th. Pricey Proof. Get ready! And if you haven't already, go download her mixtape, Writuwalls of Planet X.
3. I'm writing a book!!!!!!! Look out for it Summer or Fall 2017. A compilation of artistry (photography + poetry) to give you an inside look into the journey of healing.
4. For all BOOKING INQUIRIES (performances, appearances, features, art work, etc.) email either email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org . We are pretty tightly booked for the next 2 months, and June onward is already starting to fill. Please reach out to us with ample time for all bookings!